Information on Flute Tuition, Semester Commitment, Attendance, Makeup Lessons, Health Policy, Studio Performance Calendar, Student Referral Reward, Practicing, and Contract.
Tuition includes 4 lessons/month
- $120/month for weekly 30-minute flute lessons
(except December and May which will have 3 lessons for $90/month)
- $180/month for weekly 45-minute flute lessons
(except December and May which will have 3 lessons for $135/month)
- $240/month for weekly 60-minute flute lessons
(except December and May which will have 3 lessons for $180/month)
- Tuition is due the first lesson of each month.
- $10 late fee will be expected for any tuition not received by the 10th of each month.
Payment Methods Accepted
- Check payable to Lynette Lewis
If you sign up for lessons, it is expected that you will commit for the entire semester. If you choose to discontinue lessons mid-semester, I must have 30 days advance notice in writing. If I am not notified in time, you will be responsible to pay the next month’s tuition.
- Fall Semester: mid August – December
- Winter/Spring Semester: January – May
- Summer Semester: June – early August (Summer tuition will be adjusted in advance to accommodate vacations.)
- Tuition remains the same regardless of how many lessons you are able to attend.
- Lessons are given 4x/month, except for December and May which will have 3 lessons.
Makeup lessons are offered ONLY IF I am notified at least 24 hours in advance. If I am not notified in time, you will forfeit your lesson. If I have a conflict, I will always offer a makeup lesson.
If you are sick, please DO NOT come to your lesson in person. Contact me as soon as possible and we can do a video lesson via Google Meet or ZOOM instead. If I have more than 24 hours notice, we can discuss the option of scheduling a makeup lesson.
COVID-19: I am fully vaccinated for Covid.
Studio Performance Calendar
I will provide masterclasses, recitals, and festivals. You will be notified by September each year of specific performance details and dates.
Student Referral Reward
If you refer a student to me and they start flute lessons, you will receive one month of FREE tuition.
The more you practice, the more you will progress. It is that simple. You should practice at least 5 days a week. Recommendations are listed below:
- Early beginner students: 20 minutes a day
- Elementary School: 30 minutes a day
- Junior High: 45 minutes a day
- High School: 1-2 hours a day
- College: 2+ hours a day (music majors practice at least 4 hours a day)
- Adult students: 45 minutes a day
- Send an email stating that you “understand and agree to Lynette Lewis’s Flute Studio Policies for 2023-2024”
- OR sign and date a printed copy and return at your first lesson.
- PDF version Lynette Lewis Flute Studio Policies 2023-2024